We all know that one woman. The one who seems to have it all together. She can effortlessly balance being a wife, mom, boss, and friend. We admire her and sometimes feel like we can’t even compare. But the truth is, we are not superwoman, nor are we supermom, super homemaker, or super boss-lady. We are human beings who need rest just like everyone else. In this blog post, we will discuss biblical ways to find balance as a busy woman.
The benefits of rest and how to make time for it in your busy schedule
God rested on the seventh day after creating the world, and He commands us to do the same. When we take the time to rest, we’re able to refuel and refresh both our minds and bodies. May these biblical ways to find balance as a busy woman help you live a healthier, happier life. Here are some biblical ways to find balance as a busy woman:
- Make time for yourself each day. This could be as simple as taking a few minutes to sit in silence or reading your Bible.
- Take regular breaks throughout the day. Get up from your desk every hour or so and take a quick walk around the block.
- Schedule at least one full day of rest per week. Use this time to relax and recharge, without stress or obligations.
- Find creative ways to incorporate rest into your busy schedule. For example, take a bath instead of a shower, or listen to music while you work.
- Decide what your priorities are and put them into practice. If you value your time alone, be honest with people about what you can and cannot do.
- Be assertive in setting boundaries. This means saying no when you need to and not feeling guilty about it.
- Practice self-care. Make sure you’re taking care of yourself emotionally and physically, so you have the energy to stick to your boundaries.
Prayers for finding balance as a busy woman
Prayer is such a powerful tool that we have been given, and it is one of the best ways to find peace and balance in our lives. When we take our worries and concerns to God in prayer, He promises to give us His peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:6-7). So if you’re feeling stressed out and overwhelmed, remember to take it to the Lord in prayer. He is always faithful to hear us and help us!
- “Lord, I need your help. I’m so busy and I feel like I’m never doing enough. Help me to find balance in my life. Amen.”
- “Father, help me to set aside time for rest. I know that you want me to be healthy and whole, and I can’t do that if I’m always on the go. Help me to find ways to relax and recharge, so that I can be ready to serve you again tomorrow. Amen.”
- “God, I know you love me and you have a plan for my life. Help me to trust you with the details, and not try to control everything myself. Guide my steps and give me wisdom as I seek to honor you with my time. Amen.”